Our Treatments Help Relieve Your Back Pain
Acupuncture is perhaps best known for its treatment of back pain. There is significant research backing for the use of acupuncture in treatment of back pain and in 2009 NICE recommended that GP's offered a course of 10 acupuncture treatments for persistent non specific back pain.
Acupuncture can help back pain by:
- providing pain relief - by stimulating nerves located in muscles and other tissues, acupuncture leads to release of endorphins and other neurohumoral factors and changes the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord.
- reducing inflammation - by promoting release of vascular and immunomodulatory factors.
- improving muscle stiffness and joint mobility - by increasing local microcirculation, which aids dispersal of swelling and bruising.
- reducing the use of medication for back complaints.
- providing a more cost-effective treatment over a longer period of time.
- improving the outcome when added to conventional treatments such as rehabilitation exercises.